Stream of conciousness and other personal thoughts garnered throughout the week and which will be added to as the week rolls on. These thoughts are unrefined, unquantified, unverified, and raw. Any of these may be either be edited, deleted or otherwise spawn out into its own separate post…
- The question of the weekend: Can continually adding financial stimulus keep the economy propped up indefinitely regardless of what happens? Or is there a point where this plan will simply stop working and we end up paying for it dearly? What is the end game here? On that vein, the current rally being a bull trap, as part of a great depression style bear market, is something that has become less likely. Looking more towards a secular side ways market with large up and down gyrations, must like we had from 2000 to 2009.
- Road Trip to visit some parks and beaches situated in the northern part of the Whangarei district.
- Western sentiment in the last few days appears to have suddenly snapped back to “life is normal” again. More celebrity, pro-sports and entertainment news making the headlines once again. Casinos and entertainment venues around the world reopening.
- Ticking things off for the sake of ticking them off admittedly isn’t my buzz personally and is not really how I prefer to spend my leisure time.
- Headlines such as “We’re in a new paradigm for stocks, this analyst argues. Get ready for permanently higher valuations“ sounds eerily familiar in a Deja Vu sense. The terms in question being “new paradigm” and “permanently high”. Refer to this chart on the Transport Geography page.
Older Stream of Conciousness thoughts can be found here.