Stream of conciousness and other personal thoughts garnered throughout the week. These thoughts are unrefined, unquantified, unverified, and raw. Any of these may be either be edited, deleted or otherwise spawn out into it’s own separate post…
- I think once the risks with CoVid-19 begin to cede, we will probably also become more cognizant of other respiratory infections such as Influenza. Physical distancing (my preferred term to calling it “Social distancing”) measures will probably be followed as a matter of habit may be years after the official directives for this round are lifted. Physical Distancing may even stay as a seasonal thing to do.
- This period, would certainly be a time to learn new stuff. Trying to learn more about general Linux server administration and getting more into the guts of this. More for my own edification mainly for personal projects. In a small way, it may increase, slightly, the opportunities available.
- While caution and counter measures are most certainly warranted, I am still of the opinion that the (Commercial) Mainstream Media outlets have a considerable lot to answer for causing a level of panic that I feel is counter-productive and unhelpful. Many people now seem to be talking themselves into a needless funk between each other (including by way of lapping up the apocalyptic “fearporn”), and admittedly I am now thoroughly sick to death of it. We now have paranoid people who now jump when you simply go *hem* even if you are well away from them (over 3 meters).
- The Remuera Golf Course has been closed for golf and has been kindly opened up for public access walking and jogging during the lock-down period. It’s a good large area to walk around and explore and recommend at least 2 hours if you want to stroll the entire area. Though try to stay off any greens that are under maintenance. Restricted to those local to the area obviously.
- I think if this “Lock-down” goes on any longer than the initial 4 weeks, I wouldn’t be surprised, statistically speaking, that a small number of people will get fed up and start acting in deliberate defiance of the rules especially with the sunny and settled weekends we’re having. That said, under no circumstance what so ever am I advocating or encouraging anybody to behave this way, I feel it is extremely important we all work to “flatten the curve” as much as humanely possible in circumstances such as these. If not for yourself, for our front-line health workers.
- Snitching on your fellow citizens… RNZ Audio Bite. While could be argued that the new Police form to report CoViD-19 L4 breaches is an essential tool to aid compliance, I am concerned that it may also enievtably breed fear, contempt and distrust of fellow citizenry in one’s community. I am also concerned that some may be treating this like game in that some people may derive a twisted sense of gratification reporting others… Like idiots who repeatedly upload snore-fest videos cataloguing a series of (minor) driving mistakes to YouTube from their Dashcam and acting all virtuous and sanctimonious about it.
- I don’t begrudge our own Government imposing a lock down. Given how globalised we were, The NZ Government had to do something (or at least been seen to do something).